These delicious cheesy potatoes full of melted cheese, sour cream, onions, and garlic with a crunchy top are the perfect comfort food for you holiday party. Similar to a dish served at the cracker barrel restaurant, you can quickly and easily make it in your own home.
Prep time: Cook time: Serves: 12
- 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (30 ounce) bag of frozen, shredded has brown potatoes, thawed -or- 12 small potatoes parboiled and shredded
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 Medium Onion – Grated
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and firmly packed, divided
- 1½ cup crushed cornflakes cereal or panko bread
- Add Ham, bacon, or Sausage
- Add Green Onions
- Use a different cheese like Pepper Jack
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together the grated onions, garlic, hash browns, condensed soup, sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and 1½ cups cheddar cheese.
Spread into a 9×13 inch baking pan. Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese.
Melt the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter and mix with the crushed cornflake crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked throughout and bubbly.