1 hr, 30 Prep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 block cream cheese softened to room temperature, 8oz.
- 1 8 oz tub vegetable cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 red pepper finely diced (save the stem)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided use
- Using an electric or stand mixer, combine both cream cheeses.
- Then stir in 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix, green onion, red pepper and one cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread out a large sheet of Glad ClingWrap.
- Sprinkle about a 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese onto the plastic wrap.
- Then top with cheese ball mixture.
- Take the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkle it onto the tops and sides of the cheese ball and wrap it up well with cling wrap.
- Two layers of cling wrap work best. It needs to be well-wrapped and wrapped tightly. Now, time to wrap it up with four large and wide rubber bands.
- We don't want any cheese ball mix squeezing out while we're putting on the rubber bands. I had to double wrap each rubber band to get those long indentations we're looking for to make the pumpkin shape.
- Place cheese ball into the fridge for a minimum of two hours (overnight is best.) Not only do the flavors get better as it sits, but as the mixture cools, it will help it to form that pumpkin shape.
- When ready, cut off the rubber bands and carefully remove the cling wrap.
- Then add on the red pepper stem to the top. Just gently push it in there.
- Serve with your favorite buttery crackers.
I like to use freshly grated cheddar cheese for this. It is stickier than the bagged kind and that helps when forming the cheese ball.