Honey Lime Chicken Marinade
Recipe type: Marinade
- For 2 lb of chicken (serves 6):
- • 4 tablespoons olive oil
- • 4 tablespoons lime juice
- • 4 tbls honey
- • ½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • ½ teaspoon salt (salt to taste)
- Label quart sized freezer bags
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty freezer bag
- Add chicken breasts
- To Freeze
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Once the marinated chicken is fully defrosted, cook it as you prefer — on an indoor our outdoor grill over direct heat for 7-10 minutes, flipping once or twice; on the stove in an oiled frying pan for 12-15 minutes, flipping as needed; or in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes — until the thickest part of the chicken registers 165° F on a meat thermometer.