Classic Italian Marinade
Recipe type: Marinade
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- • 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- • ½ teaspoon Salt
- • ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- To Freeze
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Once the marinated chicken is fully defrosted, cook it as you prefer — on an indoor our outdoor grill over direct heat for 7-10 minutes, flipping once or twice; on the stove in an oiled frying pan for 12-15 minutes, flipping as needed; or in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes — until the thickest part of the chicken registers 165° F on a meat thermometer.