Easy Chicken Parmesan Soup
A yummy and filling comfort food that only takes a few minutes to prepare!
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 lb. frozen chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 50oz tub shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook chicken tenders according to directions on package, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender (about 6 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook 6-8 minutes more, or until pasta is al dente.
- Right before serving, mix in cooked chicken, Parmesan and mozzarella until just melted and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley.