Sweet Glazed Meatloaf
Recipe type: Comfort
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, ground turkey or ground venison
- 1 cup crushed Gluten Free Crackers ( or Ritz crackers)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ of a med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a broiler pan (or regular pan) with aluminum foil. Crush or food process your crackers into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crackers, egg, milk, ½ cup ketchup, onion, salt, pepper, ½ Tbl Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared broiler pan (or regular pan) and form into a loaf. Then bake in the preheated oven for 1½ hours.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup ketchup, brown sugar, apricot preserves and ½ Tbl Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf. Reserve the remainder of the sauce for topping.