Slow Cooker Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken
Recipe type: Slow Cooker
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 7oz can mild salsa verde (or in the jar)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 red onion finely chopped (divided)
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package Tortilla Land Uncooked Corn Tortillas (or tortillas of your choice)
- Toppings of your choice:
- Cheddar Cheese
- sour cream
- Add chicken to Slow Cooker.
- Chop onion, Reserve ½ for topping
- add remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook 4-6 hours on High, or 6-8 hours on Low
- Shred chicken and keep warm in the sauce.